Thursday, May 22, 2008

Breaking News: Love Goes Unrequited in Iraq

Sam from Interps Life, one of the new crop of Iraqi bloggers, is having trouble with women. Like many guys, he's confused about the situation in which he finds himself. He loves one woman, Amy, but he's not sure if she loves him. There's another woman, Becky, that is interested in Sam, but he's still thinking about Amy. In a blog entry entitled "The Most Shocking Day in My Life, Please I NEED COMMENTS here!! Sam writes:
Amy I just have one question, in the past 3 years were there lies and acting or u really loved me and liked me? I know I'll never get an answer and I'll never go and ask her, cuz she'll hurt me again.. u just so pretty in your PAIN..

I found my way out and I'll never need u again.. but I MISS U Amy, I miss u to DEATH..

But I tell myself I'm not missing u, I hope you are missing me and realizing how much I was good with u and how much u hurt me!!
People have been stopping by Sam's blog to give him some advice, a lot of it worth reading. As violence decreases in Iraq, Iraqi bloggers will be able to return to those issues that all of us, men and women, have to deal with as we go about our lives, no matter where we live.

*

Kassakhoon notes that Jalal Talabani sent a letter to the emir of Qatar asking for help:
Today, our president Jalal Talabani sent a letter to Qatar's Emir, Sheik Hamad Bin Khalifa Al-Thani, in which he expresses his appreciation to the efforts he made to solve the crisis in Lebanon and invites him to visit Iraq.

I hope that Sheik Hamad Bin Khalifa Al-Thani would accept Talabani's invitation to visit Iraq but with a magic key to get our country back on the track.
And then Kassakhoon asks an open question, which should invite some interesting commentary:
Do you think that Iraq's magic key is no long with the Iraqis?

*

One of the most moving blog entries that I have read in the last few months comes from an Iraqi psychiatrist and blogger named Sami. He posts his thoughts regularly over at Skies. In "Sumerian Friendship," Sami writes about his relationship with one of the janitors at the hospital where he works. You will notice right away the unusual candor with which Sami writes. It's a beautiful story.

Yesterday, in "A day in an Iraqi psychiatrist life (part one)," Sami wrote about something that happened to him back in 2006. A woman comes to the hospital suffering from having seen too much violence in Diyala. Sami tries to reassure her that she's safe in the hospital. But read what happens.

*

Today Sandybelle writes about a recent visit to a neighbor's house in Mosul. In the living room were a few Iraqi men and women discussing politics and Iraq.
They were five men, from different sects and religions ( different men gathered in Mosul), and the all kept praising the government and the last operation whose name was changed to Um Alrabeeayn ( mother of two springs), the all were happy for our continous victory against the terrorism, the all realize that there is no way to live happily without unity. The all realize that Iraqis should be united by Belonging to the same land, no matter if there were differences among tongues and religions and sects, we are all Iraqis. And together we can be strong.

*

Over at the NYTimes' Baghdad Bureau, Damien Cave, a reporter now working in Miami, reflects on living in the US after a year and a half of reporting from Iraq.

*



<< Home
|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?