Friday, April 11, 2008

My Lunch With MHZ

I had lunch today with MHZ and his friend, Mustafa, at the Sago mexican restaurant. The famous Iraqi generosity is apparently unattenuated by migration to the US. They absolutely would not let me take the bill. To the contrary, even though I was the only one at the table with a job, Mustafa covered the whole thing.

It was wonderful (for me, I won't presume to answer for them). We had a lively time talking about Austin and Iraq and wallowing in schadenfreude over the Mahdi Army's recent troubles. MHZ and Mustafa definitely do not suffer from Maliki Derangement Syndrome. Don't bother running to your medical journals to look that up. It is a new affliction suffered by some Iraqi bloggers, and it might soon be classified as an epidemic. I'll describe it in my next post. Prepare to give yourself an examination.




<< Home
|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?