Monday, August 14, 2006

The In T View: The Readers Of Iraq The Model Sound Off: Rosemary


Suhad (Palestinian girl applying kohl) by Monica Semergiu - Flickr


Generally, I In T View bloggers, journalists, writers, human rights advocates, and soldiers, but this time I thought I would expand the horizons a bit and In T View the readers of of one of the most popular and beloved Mideast and Iraqi blogs, Iraq The Model, and let them sound off, share their views, about ITM and Iraq.

Iraq The Model comes complete with a strong and loyal readership and a feisty crew of articulate commenters offering their thoughts on Omar's and Mohammed's evaluation of events in their country, the Iraqi conflict, politics, terrorism, Islam, and the actions of the Coalition Forces.


In this In T View we feature the lovely Rosemary from California, who works in the Publishing/Media industry, and is a one-woman blogging machine with more than sixty blogs to her credit including My Newz'n Ideas , Love America First, Knickerbocker News, Causes of Interest, and many many more. Take it away, Rosemary...


MG: How did you become aware of Iraq The Model and decide to comment there?

Rosemary: I first became aware of ITM so long ago, I'd be lying if I told you I remembered how and where, but it was at the beginning of the war (maybe a little before) when I noticed I was not getting the truth. I went searching for some Iraqi's points of view.

MG: Are you as optimistic about Iraq now, as when you first started reading and commenting at ITM?

Rosemary: Yes, I am. There has been much progress we do not hear about, and now the government has finally chosen the PM. Now all they have to do is choose the Cabinet positions. At least they have a 30 day deadline on that! lol.

MG: Did you find that ITM was better when Ali was involved with the blog?

Rosemary: I miss Ali very much, but I understand his reason for leaving. You can still reach him at Free Iraqi. Was it better? It really is hard to say. I believe they are all honestly trying to portray what is really happening over there. I would like to say, "I would like to remain neutral." lol.

MG: There have been criticisms directed towards ITM and the brothers that they are too Pro-American or American Agents, Working for the CIA, not really Iraqis or located in Iraq, etc. How do you respond to this?

Rosemary: BS! How can Mohammed and Omar be in the room to watch the Parliament and reporting on it if he isn't there? Why can he not be PRO- IRAQ? The American Dream and the Iraqi Dream seem to reflect the same values, dreams, aspiration. So? Does everyone have to hate the USA in order to live happily ever after? They are delusional.

MG: Has it been a learning experience reading ITM? You likely know more about Iraqi politics now, than you did before reading the Brothers' Blog, but have they also given you insights into other facets of Iraqi Society such as cultureand history?

Rosemary: Yes, it has been a learning experience. I have seen Iraq through pictures they took, different topics they would write about such as celebrations, etc., and they have a diverse community. In some sections, people don't even know your religion, so tell me...how do they decide if you're Sunni, Shia, or something else? I think that is an American or western hang-up, although there is some strife on these lines. It is not near what it is told to us by the dinosaur media.

MG: Should the US have involved itself in Iraq? Has it been a worthwhile endeavor?

Rosemary: Yes, most definitely. In the first place, Saddam has and had wmd. It is being translated right now the papers we've captured since the march to Baghdad and the overthrowing of the Taliban. So let us get that straight. Do not forget about Uday and Qusay. They were even worse than Saddam, if you can imagine that. We have found 3, count them 3, full length jets (airplanes) buried in the sand. Would you like to explain to me why they can hide that, but not have wmd?

With that out of the way, let's answer the question as to whether or not Saddam harboring terrorists. (Remember the Bush Doctine.) I don't remember his name, but there was at least one terrorists who committed suicide by shooting himself in the head several times. Fascinating how they can do that, eh? He has training fields and camps, and he trained around 7,000 terrorists.

He was committing genocide on the Kurds, until we starting protecting them. He was shooting at our troops every day. We did not sign a truce, it was a cease-fire. There is a big difference in my estimation. In a cease-fire, we start firing again if you fire first. This has already been established.

It was not pre-emptive. It was long overdue, IMHO.

Now to look at the humanitarian side of this. These people were existing in a walking prison where you could be murdered, raped, beaten, or tortured at the pleasure of Saddam's family. Should we allow this to occur? NO. I wish we could go to Sudan's region of Darfur. Oh, OBL's people are there, also. Another point for another day, I suppose.

We have built over 1000 schools, hospitals, and all the children have been vacinated. I would say this is a good thing. Have we lost people? Let me ask a different question. Have you ever known of a way to remove a genocidal dictactor other than war? Do you people die in wars? Yes. Does the number of people who die determine whether the war was a success or not? NO. If it did, we would have turned back from Normandy.

MG: Does the World Media (Television, Radio, and Newspapers) present an accurateview of what's happening in Iraq?

Rosemary: Hell no.

MG: Which ITM Brother -- Omar or Mohammed -- would you like to give a hug to or have a beer with and why?

Rosemary: Both of them, because I'm greedy. lol. Omar is such a sweet, gentle, and kind person. I wish I could take away every tear he's ever had to cry. Mohammed is so strong, caring, and honest. He tells it like it is, so does Omar. I would like to wipe away ever tear he's been forced to cry. These are truly two wonderful men that will make 2 women very happy someday when they decide to settle down. :)

MG: On February 20, 1258 A.D., the Mongols overran Baghdad, plundered and destroyed the city, and conducted a massacre of the residents that claimed 800,000 lives. Things don't look as bleak for the Iraqis now, still the topic of an Iraqi Civil War is being bandied about in the Media every day, and I have to ask: Is Iraq currently involved in a Civil War?

Rosemary: Michael Yon seems to think so, and he is over there. I suppose in certain areas there is fighting, but I tend to believe these are the 100,000 criminals that Saddam let out of jail! Criminals commit crimes. What else is new?

MG: Do you have a Favorite Poster at ITM, who you like or admire, and can you tellus why?

Rosemary: Omar seems to get right inside of me, while Mohammed is able to stimulate me intellectual. Not that they both don't interchange, but on average. I'm a woman. I need both things, so I'll say both of them rolled up together. I'll take that to go...lol.

MG: One of my escapist fantasies is to walk the length and breadth of Iraq fromSouthern Kurdisitan down to Mosul, though due to my blue eyes and practically albino skin, they'd likely be using me for target practice before I made it out of Mosul, certainly I'd be in trouble in Fallujah, LOL... When conditionsbecome safer for travel in Iraq, would you like to visit the country?

Rosemary: I would love to, expect for the fact I made a promise to myself that I would never leave my ancestors on this land. I am half Armenian, but I also half Mohawk. What a combo, eh? lol. Plus, I smoke. Do you think I will survive the neocommies? LOL.

MG: The Recent Loss of Omar's, Mo's, and Ali's Brother-in-Law elicited manyoutporings of sympathy from ITM's readers and commenters, similar to if the readers/commenters had lost a member of their own extended family.When you post at ITM, is there a sense of being part of an extended family? Has a bond been established, both between the posters themselves and Omarand Mo?

Rosemary: I used to feel that way with the posters, but recently I've been so busy I only have time to read, comment, write, and get on to the next point of order. There are so many posters! I have no bad feelings, and I will tell off those who make stupid comments, when I catch them, but it's not really what I have time to do anymore. I have about 8 places I write, 3 of which I edit/manage. lol.

MG: Having come to know Omar and Mo through their writings these last few years, what is the one thing, you would like to say to them?

Rosemary: I thank God for your friendship, honesty, courage, and insight into your country. I pray for you all the time. I hope you can feel His Presence and Peace. I think you are wonderful, and I don't know if I would have been able to make it through these past few years without you. Our dinosaur media apparently wants us to lose because of their hatred for our president. Ignore them! Please. We are not backing down. God bless you.

Was that more than one? :)

MG says: Thanks to Rosemary!




<< Home
|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?