Saturday, July 22, 2006

The In T View: The Readers Of Iraq The Model Sound Off: Player Two


Riding High - 2006 Photo by MG


Generally, I In T View bloggers, journalists, writers, human rights advocates, and soldiers, but this time I thought I would expand the horizons a bit and In T View the readers of of one of the most popular and beloved Mideast and Iraqi blogs, Iraq The Model, and let them sound off, share their views, about ITM and Iraq.

Iraq The Model comes complete with a strong and loyal readership and a feisty crew of articulate commenters offering their thoughts on Omar's and Mohammed's evaluation of events in their country, the Iraqi conflict, politics, terrorism, Islam, and the actions of the Coalition Forces.


In this In T View, we feature Player Two from the Player Two blog. What can you say about Motown's own Player Two? Well, he's a hardcore Detroit Tigers fan, an ex-Military man and punk rocker who loves the Pistons, is a big proponent of Ameircan Freedom, and never afraid to speak what's on his mind, aka a straight shooter. Take it away, Player Two...


MG: Hi Player Two, how did you become aware of Iraq The Model and decide to comment there?

Player Two: My brother's mother-in-law went to Moldova to help them with their legal system and she blogged, so I thought it couldnt be that difficult. So I dove in and started checking the Blogs out. I started reading BlackFive and just went down his links one-by-one until I hit the brothers.

Simply put, they speak my language.

I decided to comment because I'm a blabbermouth and I'm free. Use it or lose it. I don't need no badges..

MG: Are you as optimistic about Iraq now, as when you first started reading and commenting at ITM?

Player Two: I'm even more optomistic now than before. You just have to understand where I'm coming from. P2 lived in Germany on an Army base as a kid and never ever thought the wall would fall. Don't you remember all those tanks and all those nukes?!!!! But when it fell most people's reaction was: "zzzzzzz". Sorry but I'll never be like that. We are in the enemy's face over there and he's blinking, I know that scares the crap out of the enemy within so theyre turning up the gloom-and-doom machine full force. So what. What do they know about partyin', or anything else.

To me, W is like the kid at the parade when the emperor walked by naked. What are we so afraid of?!! I fear no tyrants and don't need to make friends on the left, they need to make friends with P2. How many millions of people around the world will live in slavery because free people are so stupid as to care what the enemy "thinks"? Everybody thinks the ChiCom are sooo pwerful because supposedly think in centuries not minutes like "we" supposedly do.
I call BS on that and know that what we're doing right now will have effects hundreds of years from now. There is just too much yearning for freedom in the ME and we have them surrounded. Soon they will be as fat and happy as we are and have their own stupid liberals to gum up the basepaths.

Don't believe the hype, theyre hearing footsteps all over the palaces.

MG: Did you find that ITM was better when Ali was involved with the blog?

Player Two: I see ITM as its own entity and think it rude to compare between them when theyre risking their necks. Think about it. Every letter they type is a miracle. You gonna compare miracles? Really?

MG: There have been criticisms directed towards ITM and the brothers that they are too Pro-American or American Agents, Working for the CIA, not really Iraqis or located in Iraq, etc. How do you respond to this?

Player Two: The OGA could never be THAT cool!! That's all they can come up with? How pitifully lame...

The American revolution is a revolution for ALL people just as Christ said his church was a church for ALL nations as we have ALL sinned. What are these "Americans" anyway but those that have been kicked or chased out of all those other countries? Jealous bastards need to shut up and worry more about the noose around their neckinstead of the company.

MG: Has it been a learning experience reading ITM? You likely know more about Iraqi politics now, than you did before reading the Brothers' Blog, but have they also given you insights into other facets of Iraqi Society such as culture and history?

Player Two: Mostly its about the baseline. This is all going to be history very soon, these clowns you see getting things going over there are going to be smoked by the kids you see running besides the hummers rapping fiddycent. Face saving cultures are all about not looking like an ass, theyre like hanging out with sorority girls, the real heavy lifting will be done by the next generation. Our mission is to hook THEM up (the kids.). Look at Vietnam today, all those kids there love the States and our promise. They think their parents were dolts for getting suckered.

Just keep the door open. That's what they did here right?!!

The Iraqis were writing whole books while my relatives were living in caves.

Yes, I have learned many many things about Iraqi life and I'm very grateful to the Bros for risking their lives to inform me.

MG: Should the US have involved itself in Iraq? Has it been a worthwhile endeavor?

Player Two: I'm one of those crazy people that think you're involved anyway. We were involved in Rwanda, we just thought it was better to elect a clown and follow his stupidity instead of lift a finger to save a million plus people from hell. We were involved in Iraq and the torture chambers, we have the means and we owe it to others to kill the tyrants. I wish I could be a slob and convince myself otherwise, but as a free people we owe it to God and our neighbor to hook him up.

In other words, the question is flawed in my view.

MG: Does the World Media (Television, Radio, and Newspapers) present an accurate view of what's happening in Iraq?

Player Two: The blogs ARE the world media, read babalublog, or davids medienkritik or no pasaran! and tell me that we have EVER had a more clear and concise look at the world. As for the antique media,they will never get it right and frankly I'm not going to waste my time trying to help them with their "problem" I have my own wagon to paint.

Look, I'm a 42 year old punk rocker from the old school, I'm not missing out, they are. I'm always going to be about DIY (do it yourself) and think of the LSM as cartoons. Sulzberger may have billions, but he'll never be able to buy what I have, and no clown at Hahvadh can be "taught' it either.

Times are changing,

RAPIDLY.

Stand to.

MG: Which ITM Brother -- Omar or Mohammed -- would you like to give a hug to or have a beer with and why?

Player Two: See answer #3.

(If anything it would the one that posted about the Iraqi Football Team, he gets a Pilsener Urquell in a frosted glass. But I really couldnt tell the diff cuz' I've never looked for one.)


Don't Hit That Car - 2006 Photo by MG


MG: On February 20, 1258 A.D., the Mongols overran Baghdad, plundered and destroyed the city, and conducted a massacre of the residents that claimed 800,000 lives. Things don't look as bleak for the Iraqis now, still the topic of an Iraqi Civil War is being bandied about in the Media every day, and I have to ask: Is Iraq currently involved in a Civil War?

Player Two: The enemy has to modulate its bursts to get past our shields. This is just the latest gubble-gubble from the Ministry of Information. Are the crips and bloods in a "Civil War in L.A."? No...

Do you really think they would EVER write anything else? A civil war would be when all the IA troops subdivided and began attacking each other. All the rest is pitiful BS.

MG: Do you have a Favorite Poster at ITM, who you like or admire, and can you tell us why?

Player Two: Poster or commentor? No I don't have a fave poster, I have addressed that. As for commentors I have really come to appreciate the people's views that get sent in. The women like Louise and Valerie a that nutcase ( :)! ) dcat are very special in that they give a whole different aspect to things. I really like Hameed and the voices from the region that chime in.

Marine Dad, Bob, Soldier's Dad and those guys like RG and an american are priceless and funny as hell. Then there's the Cowboy!! How can I pick betweenst such talent?!!

And I have to give a shout out to the trolls, they have down their very best to keep Malone one-nine open for my qualifications...

MG: One of my escapist fantasies is to walk the length and breadth of Iraq from Southern Kurdisitan down to Mosul, though due to my blue eyes and practically albino skin, they'd likely be using me for target practice before I made it out of Mosul, certainly I'd be in trouble in Fallujah LOL... When conditions become safer for travel in Iraq, would you like to visit the country?

Player Two: My major concern would be that I would compromise OPS or Force Protection. If that was squared away, all I would want is a ACP and some Marlboros. I'm from the D,the sandbox doesnt phase me. I eat at La Shish at least once a week and love my fellow man regardless of what his parents looked like. (cf. "content of their character".MLK) Other than that I'd leave tomorrow if I could get someone to watch my hound. I just don't think I could justify tying up the assets for my sorry butt. Ever read "This is Your War" by Ernie Pyle? Read it and think about what he has to say about riding on a bombing run. Its like that. If I went over there I'd just p off all the E-5's cuz' I'd be trying to bolster the 11-b's morale so much I'd spoil'em. :)!! Got a ticket?

MG: The Recent Loss of Omar's, Mo's, and Ali's Brother-in-Law elicited many outporings of sympathy from ITM's readers and commenters, similar to if the readers/commenters had lost a member of their own extended family. When you post at ITM, is there a sense of being part of an extended family?
Has a bond been established, both between the posters themselves and Omar and Mo?

Player Two: You know, if I had the chance I probably would retract my comment about their pacifism. I'm a fixer not a commiserator (sp?) and I think that looking back on it I might have made a mistake sending that in, but dammit its my true feelings and sometimes I'm a selfish ass that should shut up. That came from a real frustration from way back. I was a fellow squad leader at Benning with Sgt Bip Ford who was murdered by Qaddaif in that Berlin Disco, I looked at the back of Bips head every formation for two months, my number was THAT close to his, so hearing about the Bros. family member getting murdered by those effing cowards brought out a heavy handed reaction that was insensitive and I regret it. But I felt like someone came into my family and did that, yes, I do feel that way about the Bros. even if I couldnt pick them out of a crowd.

MG: Having come to know Omar and Mo through their writings these last few years, what is the one thing, you would like to say to them?

Player Two: What do I have to say to them?!! If I really think about it, I'm the last person to actually lecture them about anything, they have enough to care about beside my blabber. But if they cared to actually listen I'd tell them that its all about their kids and building a very wide base for the future structure of Iraq freedom. I SAY AGAIN, What we're doing today is going to echo for a long long time because the killer elite of the ME is a house of cards. The bros. will never ever get to see the true, complete results of what they are doing because we'll all be worm food before they bear fruit, but they will. Look at what happens when free people are given a shot. The US, Germany, Japan and thousands of other stories all started out just like the current Iraq and you just can't let the enemy talk you out of believing and caving to the crap. People live and die all the time, but what do they really leave behind? What do they really DO with their lives?

The Bros might not have wished this situation upon themselves but they havent shirked it either and I really appreciate that. In fact, I wish I had half their gumption.-P2


Ghost Rider - 2006 Photo by MG


MG Says: Thanks to Player Two!




<< Home
|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?