Sunday, July 09, 2006

The In T View: The Readers Of Iraq the Model Sound Off: BG


Beautiful Iris

Beautiful Iris For BG, 2006 Photo by MG


Generally, I In T View bloggers, journalists, writers, human rights advocates, and soldiers, but this time I thought I would expand the horizons a bit and In T View the readers of of one of the most popular and beloved Mideast and Iraqi blogs, Iraq The Model, and let them sound off, share their views, about ITM and Iraq.

Iraq The Model comes complete with a strong and loyal readership and a feisty crew of articulate commenters offering their thoughts on Omar's and Mohammed's evaluation of events in their country, the Iraqi conflict, politics, terrorism, Islam, and the actions of the Coalition Forces.


In this In T View, we feature BG, a Grandmother
from the Bay State with a strong interest in politics, and news, Iraq and the Iraqis, terrorism and events in the Mideast. Take it away, BG...

MG: Hi BG, how did you become aware of Iraq The Model and decide to comment there?

BG: I got lucky, and stumbled upon it in search of news about Iraq...

MG: Are you as optimistic about Iraq now, as when you first started reading and commenting at ITM?

BG: Yes I certainly am!! And no matter how bad it gets, or whatever changes may occur, I know Iraq will eventually succeed in it's quest to be free..

MG: Did you find that ITM was better when Ali was involved with the blog?

BG: I didn't know about Ali till I read a post about him (or maybe Andrea filled me in?).. at any rate, he had either left before I started posting.. or I just didn't notice him when I was just reading the posts & scanning the comments (I was rather busy posting at another site, one not affiliated with Iraq or the WII per se... I still post there, but only about politics, and/or, Iraq or the WII)...

MG: There have been criticisms directed towards ITM and the brothers that they are too Pro-American or American Agents, Working for the CIA, not really Iraqis or located in Iraq, etc. How do you respond to this?

BG: Typical liberal balderdash credo... can't attack the message, attack the messenger...

MG: Has it been a learning experience reading ITM? You likely know more about Iraqi politics now, than you did before reading the Brothers' Blog, but have they also given you insights into other facets of Iraqi Society such as culture and history?

BG: Yes, for me it surely has, albeit I know plenty, I also know there's plenty I don't know, and even more to learn after that... yes I do know more about Iraqi politics now... but I still don't understand it nearly as much as I'd like to... but then again, I still don't fully understand US politics...

As for the insights part... I've always had my own perceptions, and so far I see little to no discrepancies...

MG: Should the US have involved itself in Iraq? Has it been a worthwhile endeavor?

BG: Yes, albeit better late than never...more than worthwhile, what the anti-crowd fails to see is the forest through the trees.. this war isn't about Bush, political parties, or oil per se, etc.. it's about the future of future generations... and it boggles my mind as to how many can't seem to grasp that simple fact...

MG: Does the World Media (Television, Radio, and Newspapers) present an accurate view of what's happening in Iraq?

BG: Hell no... been saying that long before we even went into Iraq, never mind before 9/11, I could go on... but the MSM has never been the same since they lost & cost US the war in Vietnam... and they got even worse during & after the Clinton fiasco... they should be ashamed...

MG: Which ITM Brother -- Omar or Mohammed -- would you like to give a hug to or have a beer with and why?

BG: Well, if I was 20 years younger... they would both be in a lot of trouble lol!! But seeing as I'm not, I would still love to give both of them grandmotherly hugs & toast to their future... :)

MG: On February 20, 1258 A.D., the Mongols overran Baghdad, plundered and destroyed the city, and conducted a massacre of the residents that claimed 800,000 lives. Things don't look as bleak for the Iraqis now, still the topic of an Iraqi Civil War is being bandied about in the Media every day, and I have to ask: Is Iraq currently involved in a Civil War?

BG: No, don't believe so, yet I hope & pray not... However, should Iraq devolve into a civil war, I don't see anything anyone could do to stop it... I just know that we wouldn't have caused it... heck, civil wars have been going on since before Christ, we (US) even had a civil war... besides, I can't think of a country that hasn't had a civil war to some degree or another. So I've more or less come to expect civil wars as being part of human nature...

MG: Do you have a Favorite Poster at ITM, who you like or admire, and can you tell us why?

BG: Oh gee, they are all so great in their own way... I constantly find myself admiring one over the other... but of the posters I'm familiar with, and if I absolutely had to choose, think I'd have to say Hameed.. ;)

MG: One of my escapist fantasies is to walk the length and breadth of Iraq from Southern Kurdisitan down to Mosul, though due to my blue eyes and practically albino skin, they'd likely be using me for target practice before I made it out of Mosul, certainly I'd be in trouble in Fallujah LOL... When conditions become safer for travel in Iraq, would you like to visit the country?

BG: Oh I would love to visit Iraq anytime... however, now I have to say, if I were 30 to 40 years younger... I would be in Iraq's COTW right now... but the reality is, I'm afraid I'm too old & sickly to travel... *sigh*

MG: The Recent Loss of Omar's, Mo's, and Ali's Brother-in-Law elicited many outporings of sympathy from ITM's readers and commenters, similar to if the readers/commenters had lost a member of their own extended family. When you post at ITM, is there a sense of being part of an extended family? Has a bond been established, both between the posters themselves and Omar and Mo?

BG: Oh yes, you hit the nail head on... I'd have to say that my feeling of belonging to an extended family has everything to do with the camaraderie between most of the posters as well as the brothers... :)

MG: Having come to know Omar and Mo through their writings these last few years, what is the one thing, you would like to say to them?

BG: I don't believe I will ever personally "know" them as much as i'd like to, but within mine & their limitations..i believe we are all cut from the same cloth so to speak.. and as simple or underwhelming as this may sound, what i would like to say, in a sincerely profound way, is... "thanks" and thanks to you too, Patricia (aka BG).

MG Says: Thanks to Patricia (aka BG), and to Andrea from MN for In T View assistance.




<< Home
|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?