Wednesday, August 11, 2004

We Welcome a More Positive, Constructive Faiza!

In her latest entry, Faiza writes about going to a women's group and making a speech in front of the others in an attempt to get elected to the council:

We wrote the names, there were nine names needed… all the time I was thinking, praying to GOD to successd, if there was any good that I could present to people through this society, or to lose, if it were merely a silly, worthless procedure… all the time I was thinking that I was an adventurer… for I only knew three women in the hall, and I couldn't guarantee their votes…but I was betting on my personality, my speech, and their trust in what they heard me say…. Then came the happy surprise that made me laugh a lot….I won by a third of the votes, and became a member of the administrative council of the society…By God I was dealing with the subject in a spirit of mirth, a curiosity to join, and adventure… but today I find my self a little worried, for this is a responsibility, which deserves interest, time, and dedication…Tomorrow is our first meeting…I wish for things to move in a good way, for this society to be a starting point to help Iraqi women in making a better future…I will try contacting some Arabic and Foreign Societies for consultation and listening to suggestions from those who have experience…I hope we will get the chance of arranging training courses, to promote the work and thinking of the working, producing women, especially those responsible for supporting families…and I hope we could produce development programs, in languages and computer skills for collage graduate women, to provide them with better job opportunities by adding new capabilities. Many new ideas will come with time…I wish God would be with us, as long as the intention is true to serving people….

I have learned something nice from the Americans…from those I meet, or those who send e-mails… (Do not just sit and complain )…I always hear this sentence. From friends or foes… yes, this is a frustrating situation…and I intend to try the adventure, and participate, regardless of the danger in participation these days, in these conditions…But I keep my eyes on to God…I say, In The Name of God…He will save me, He will support and encourage me, with all those I love, those who love me…I take the first step…in the thousand miles path… asking success from God.To assist in helping the Iraqi women, building a better life, a better future. In spite of all the devastation all around us…we shall not give up hope of a more beautiful tomorrow….


We wish Faiza nothing but success as she works to help Iraqi women become stronger citizens of the new Iraq.

And thanks, Faiza, for admitting that you did learn one thing at least from us:

I have learned something nice from the Americans…from those I meet, or those who send e-mails… (Do not just sit and complain )…I always hear this sentence. From friends or foes… yes, this is a frustrating situation…and I intend to try the adventure, and participate, regardless of the danger in participation these days, in these conditions…



<< Home
|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?