Thursday, August 05, 2004

CBFTW Reports from Inside a Kill Zone

CBFTW offers us a view from inside a Styker during a fire-fight in Mosul.

We were driving there on that main street, when all of the sudden all hell came down all around on us, all these guys wearing all black (Black pants, and a black t-shirts tucked in), a couple dozen on each side of the street, on rooftops, alleys, edge of buildings, out of windows, everywhere just came out of fucking nowhere and started firing RPG's and AK47's at us. I freaked the fuck out and ducked down in the hatch. I yelled "WE GOT FUCKIN HAJI'S ALL OVER THE FUCKIN PLACE!!! THERE ALL OVER GOD DAMNIT!!!" Bullets were pinging off our armor all over our vehicle, and you could hear multiple RPG's being fired and flying through the air and impacting all around us. All sorts of crazy insane Hollywood explosions bullshit going on all around us. I've never felt fear like this. I was like, this is it, I'm going to die. I cannot put into words how scared I was. The vehicle in front of us got hit 3 times by RPG's. I kind of lost it and I was yelling and screaming all sorts of things. (mostly cuss words) I fired the .50 cal over the place, shooting everything. My driver was helping me out and pointing out targets to me over the radio. He helped me a lot that day. They were all over shooting at us. My PLT was stuck right smack dab in the middle of the ambush and we were in the kill zone. We shot our way out of it and drove right through the ambush.

...

Suddenly about 300 meters away I saw 2 guys creeping around this corner, they were hunched down sneaking around hiding behind a stack of truck tires. I could tell by their body language something was up. I placed the cross hairs right on them, but I didn't fire, because I didn't see a weapon on them and I wanted to wait. Next thing you know, I saw another guy come out of that corner with an RPG in his hands. I freaked the fuck out and yelled "RRRPPPPGGGGGGG!!!" My hands was shaking like crazy, my cross hairs were bouncing all over the screen. I gathered my composure as fast as I could, put the cross hairs on them and engaged them with a good 10 second burst of some 50 cal, right at them. Get Some. My Plt Sgt said "good job!". I didn't see anybody move from behind those tires after that.


*

Ladybird talks about booksellers in Baghdad.

An old Arab qoute “books are written in Egypt, published in Lebanon, read in Iraq”

And the best place to find books in Baghdad is Al-mutanabi alley, a very long alley, bookshops from the left and right selling “new books”, old books used books, ask every bookshop owner and he tell his own story about Saddam’s regime and the secret police, each one of them has been jailed or tortured at least one time.

Rasoul is one of them, he is been jailed three times for selling the “wrong” books he said “Before we had to be very careful what we sold, But now look, I have everything in open view”. Sami another bookshop owner wasn’t so “lucky”, selling the “wrong” book (Leon Trotskys The History of the Russian Revolution LADYBIRD: recommended book, must read) cost him one eye under torture, accusing him with communism.


*

Dilnareen over at Kurdistan Bloggers Union identifies one of the terrorists killed in Mosul yesterday.

I was searching for more details regarding the fight in Mosul yesterday and I came across this story Khalid Sido, the brother of Mullah Krekar, was killed during the clashes. To those who don't know, Mullah Krekar is a brand name of repellant. No seriously this guy is nauseating at best, he is one of the founders of Ansar al Islam trying to recreate his image as lovable old man (I’m can only sense pedophile). He goes on about how democracy is evil and the usual drivel yet he lives in Norway. The only reason he is still alive is through some legal loophole that’s preventing his extradition. How he gets to stay and get such a strong defense is beyond me.

*

Baghdadi offers us a few wickedly spot-on observations.

There were 39 combat related killings in Iraq during the month of January....In the fair city of Detroit there were 35 murders in the month of January. That's just one American city, about as deadly as the entire war torn country of Iraq.

...

Clinton...went to war in Bosnia without UN or French consent,Bosnia never attackedus.He was offered Osama bin Laden's head on a platter three times by Sudan and did nothing. Osama has attacked us on multiple occasions. In the two years since terrorists attacked US! President Bush has ... liberated two countries, crushed the Taliban, crippled al-Qaida, put nuclear inspectors in Libya, Iran and North Korea without firing a shot, and captured a terrorist who slaughtered 300,000 of his own people.

The Democrats are complaining about how long the war is taking, but.. It took less time to take Iraq than it took Janet Reno to take the Branch Davidian compound. That was a 51 day operation. We've been looking for evidence of chemical weapons in Iraq for less time than it took Hillary Clinton to find her Rose Law Firm billing records. It took less time for the 3rd Infantry Division and the Marines to destroy the Medina Republican Guard than it took Ted Kennedy to call the police after his Oldsmobile sank at Chappaquiddick, drowning Mary Jo.


Oh man, this guy is deadly! Let me repeat that last one.

It took less time for the 3rd Infantry Division and the Marines to destroy the Medina Republican Guard than it took Ted Kennedy to call the police after his Oldsmobile sank at Chappaquiddick, drowning Mary Jo.

Ha ha. Thank you, Baghdadi (AKA Iraqi Dude)!



<< Home
|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?