Thursday, July 15, 2004

An Iraqi Reviews Fahrenheit 9/11

Sarmad of Road of a Nation takes a look at Michael Moore's propaganda piece.

MICHAEL MOORE, the director of "Fahrenheit 911".
This movie - I won't even call it a movie - it's like a "cut and paste" movie - I wonder what he is thinking when he shows his "cut and paste" movie: "cut and paste" for explosions and fighting, and terrorists covering their faces; statements by GWB playing golf (I didn't know playing golf in America was a crime. I know it was in Iraq before 9/4. It was only for presidents.) I wonder if it took MICHAEL MOORE hard work to produce this "cut and paste".

I wonder if you've lived under dictators, extremists, terrorist rule, or if you are just living under the gift of being free - free to say anything, free to do anything, free to make a film from "cut and paste" to win trophies and awards and $26 million. I just wanna remind you where you are, because there are brave men fighting for where you are. I wonder if you live safer and safer for all your life - safer for hope, safer for justice - and if there's fear in your life. I wonder why we always try to think of ourselves, why we evaluate hard work and achievements, and show them like dark spots.

...

Mr. MICHAEL MOORE, what will be your reaction after several years, when you see a free country and a modern and civil one? That we should say thank you to the brave men who did that, or see your "cut and paste" movie, or sue you for being an imposter?
Your troops will be home as soon as they have done their job. This is a promise from Iraqis.

I have talked with many soldiers. They were happy to work here. Some of them even say, "Iraq is our home. We work to rebuild it."


...

Moore shows scenes of Baghdad before the invasion and in his weltanschauung, it’s a place filled with nothing but happy, smiling, giggly, overjoyed Baghdadis. No pain and suffering there. No rape, murder, gassing, imprisoning, silencing of the citizens in these scenes.

Excuse me is this my Baghdad you talk about, that Baghdad I live in for more than 20 year, with all what we lived through, how could we be happy and smiling, and we got people bored to death, under ground, live, because, I cant give you a cause, maybe you can, you seems to know more than us, how? we can be Happy, and I got friends executed, I got bothers in jail, how? We can be happy, and we got nothing to eat, how? we can be happy, and we got nothing to live for, Iraq was ruled by a regime that had forced a sixth of its population into fearful exile, maybe you have the answers?




<< Home
|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?